As a user of instructorate.com, you agree and accept the terms and conditions of the site. This site is a resource for students to provide and receive feedback on professor's teaching methods and insight into the courses. Comments should only be posted by students who have taken a class from the professor. Please limit one comment per person per course.
The following guidelines are intended to protect all users-students and professors. Please review before posting on instructorate.com
- Be honest.
- Be objective in your assessment of the professor.
- Limit your comments to the professor's professional abilities. Do not to get personal.
- Proof your comments before submitting. Poor spelling WILL NOT cause your rating to be removed; however, poor spelling may result in your rating being discredited by those who read it.
- Leave off your Name, Initials, Pseudo Name, or any sort of identifying mark when posting.
- Refer to the Rating Categories to help you better elaborate your comments.
- Remember that negative comments that still offer constructive criticism are useful. Comments that bash a professor on a personal level are not.
- Submit helpful comments that mention professor's ability to teach and/or communicate effectively, course load, type of course work and course topics.
- DO NOTs:
- State something as a fact if it is your opinion.
- Post a rating if you are not a student or have not taken a class from the professor.
- Post ratings for people who do not teach classes at your college or university.
- Input false course or section codes for a class that does not exist.
- Rate a professor more than once for the same class.
- Make references to other comments posted.
- Professors : Do not rate yourselves or your colleagues.
COMMENTS THAT CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING WILL BE REMOVED :
- Profanity, name-calling, vulgarity or sexually explicit in nature
- Derogatory remarks about the professor's religion, ethnicity or race, physical appearance, mental and physical disabilities.
- References to professor's sex life (Including sexual innuendo, sexual orientation or claims that the professor sleeps with students).
- Claims that the professor shows bias for or against a student or specific groups of students.
- Claims that the professor has been or will be fired, suspended from their job, on probation.
- Claims that the professor engages or has previously engaged in illegal activities (drug use, been incarcerated.)
- Includes a link/URL to a webpage or website that does not directly pertain to the class.
- Any piece of information including contact info that enables someone to identify a student.
- Any piece of information about the professor that is not available on the school's website and allows someone to contact them outside of school. This also includes remarks about the professor's family and personal life.
- Accusations that the professors is rating themselves or their colleagues.
The Do Nots of these Posting Guidelines will be enforced and violations will result in either the rating's comment being removed, or the entire rating being deleted. If you see a rating that you believe violates Posting Guidelines, please click the report flag and state the problem. It will be evaluated by instructorate moderators.
Please do not flag a rating just because you disagree with it.
Comments containing a threat of violence against a person or any other remark that would tend to be seen as intimidating or intends to harm someone will be deleted. instructorate will notify the authorities of your IP address and the time you rated. This is enough information to identify you. IP addresses will also be turned over to the proper authorities when presented with a subpoenas or court orders from a government agency or court.
Multiple ratings / comments from the same IP in a short amount of time are automatically deleted on our backend to fight rating abuse. There is no differentiation between positive and negative comments. Please give only one comment per person per course.
Requests to add a new professor can be submitted on the school page and will be added once approved by a moderator. Please only submit professors who currently teach a course at your college or university.